Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life in Limbo

Ever feel like you are in limbo? That is how I feel right now. I am still looking for my own apartment. I am still waiting to hear when Niki and Rocky will be home. I am still waiting to pack up my stuff, the things I use daily. I have been cruising around the web today, checking out blogs and all the wonderful things people are creating and I want to play! But I can't, not really, because most of my crafty things are all packed up in the garage in the freezing cold and I just don't feel like going and hunting. And have you ever noticed that whatever it is you are looking for is always at the bottom of the pile, the last box you look, or just plain hiding on you? I can not wait to have a whole area again just for all my pens, paints, papers, books, inks, stencils, ribbons, scraps, and other fun things. Whether it is a whole room, which is my wish, or just an entire wall, I can't wait! I want my table to be full of papers, glitter, glue, scissors, rubber stamps, and other fun finds I have out, waiting to be used or in the process of drying or just waiting for inspiration. For the most part this past year I have not done a whole lot of things in the real, touching the paper kind of craft and I have missed that. I have done a few hybrid items for the Daily Scrapper, but that is about it and I am ready to play again!

I am working on using my Memory Log Book and that is the closest I have come in a long time to putting pen to paper, or ink and paint, or cutting and pasting, or adding tid-bits to a journal and I am loving it! It is actually pretty boring still, but I plan to change that in the next few days, once I find my colored pencils and water colors. By the end of the month I want to see little parts of my life when I open that book, like I have done in the past.

I have always loved putting the things I pick up when out doing something during the day into my monthly planner, and now I have a daily one with the Log Book, and it has so much room to grow in. This book will be a treasure trove of ideas for scrap pages and I should never again have a problem remembering the moments I want to scrap again.

And on that note, here is my latest from one of the sparks in week 2 of the log book. I used Captured mini kit, Paper Perfection vol.6, (and today is the last day to get these 2 for only $1.00!) and Glittersplat Frames for this one, by Karen Lewis Designs at GP. I really love that little date stamp in the corner.


I am doing good with P365. Kind of, lol. If I miss a day, I make up for it the next day or I use a picture from one of the other days. I am actually trying to get in the habit of just taking photos so there have been a few days when I have taken a few pictures and then I have to choose which one to use for THE photo for the day, but I like that. And the others I can use another day or print out and put in my log book. Having a choice is freeing and fun. I thought I would share the Gotta Pixel blog with you also, the link will take you to the 365 category. I found this today and was thrilled! I have not seen anyone else doing a daily photo prompt like this and having this to go to when I am clueless as to what to take for the day, I will have some inspiration, and that makes me happy. Already there are 12 photo prompts and I am going to go and read each one and add them to my list.

Also, another link for you. If you haven't checked out the forum yet at Log Your Memory, then get clickin' and check it out! We even have a section for people doing Project 365 with a couple of freebies so far and more to come as we go through the year. We have also started a flickr group to post our photos and that is another great resource for ideas if you are stumped on what to snap for the day. That is where you will find my P365 photos. I knew I wouldn't do well making a separate blog for that, I can barely keep this one at a weekly post, so Flickr seemed the easiest thing. I can post a comment if I feel like about my photo so it is there when I am ready to make a page and want to remember why I took it, lol. And as soon as figure out how to post my photo stream here, it will be up.

I want to leave you with this: don't worry about what other people are taking photos of or how awesome their pictures are. Just keep taking them, at the end of the year it won't matter how good or bad they are, you will have a fabulous slice of your life to look back on, even if they never get onto a scrap page.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope things settle down for you soon and thanks for that last paragraph. I'll take that advice and keep on taking lots of pictures!

Barbara said...

I'm also really enjoying my logbook. It's beside me whenever I sit down. I've sticking a lot of things in it that otherwise would have been forgotten.

I'm looking forward to working with you on the collab project.